Tonight is one of those nights where I know every insecurity, fear, and question is banging on the door. It's been a long day. Make that week. But I am not opening that door. I'm not even allowing my thoughts to go there. I won't play that game.
So I just come. I come to Him because I can't do anything else. Tonight I ask Him to fight for me. I am weak and frail and I don't have it in me to do it myself. He is my Advocate and I am covered in His blood. Even if all the lies being whispered to my heart are actually truths. Regardless, He is my Advocate.
Sink deeply in Him and His love. That is my prayer and pursuit tonight.
Walking by faith takes on a new meaning when you actually have to do just that. Walk by faith. It's been a shaky few days. Wrestling with God and battling to get to that place and surrender it every day.
Tonight, I hand it over and let Him handle it. I pray to abide in His love and be assured I am walking in His will and being faithful to what He has called me. That is where,because of Love, my faith and hope are established and secure. The greatest of these is love. What a sweet deal that His love is everlasting and I can't do anything about it.
And maybe, maybe that is the best place to be. Completely boxed in and unable. Weak and fragile. Poor. There is still some sense of security in that because I know the One in control of the walls boxing me in. Either placing them or allowing them. I want whatever it is He is doing, no matter the cost.
....Loving Genesis, Exodus, and Psalms lately.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are beautiful, and a more beautiful soul I have never seen - because it belongs so completely to God. He adores you.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a precious cost... so worth it.
ReplyDelete