Just so you know, I'm updating more because of you two. Keepin' ya in the loop and all. Miss you both. Everyone else is probably getting annoyed at my 18 blogs a week...but I need to share my life with you somehow. (If it's driving you crazy and you stop following...I won't be offended) If either of you would have been in closer proximity...I'd go crawl into your bed and spill my heart right now. But I guess this blog and my bed will have to do...mostly because it is where I can best get my *ahem* neighbors *ahem* internet.
Today I am just feeling things. Well, lately I have been feeling things a lot. I guess I am an emotional girl in that sense. *cheers* to Taylor. My heart is getting softer. I think that is more what it is. Somebody called this girl annoying Sunday night...man it got to me. I took it personal and it hurt my heart. Literally, I felt my heart break a little. The disgusting thing is I would have said that a week earlier! Maybe not out loud, but definitely in my head. And I definitely wouldn't have stood up for her. But it really hurt my heart. That goes back to the body of Christ thing. I have such a tender spot for the Church. Well, not just the church I guess. I guess I am just getting tender...mostly for people. There is such hope in people. So much worth and purpose.
And chock it up to cheesy Christian radio to bring me to tears..."These are the Words I Would Say," by Sidewalk Prophets is wrecking my heart. I haven't talked to Kyle in a month. I miss that boy. Gosh, I wish I knew what it was about him and how he ever worked his way into my heart. I'll love him like a brother until the day that I die. I think I'm going to call him tonight. Pray? Yes? Yes. Anyway, this song just kills me. For him. For my 7th grade girls. For my girls from IHS...just kills me.
Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,
Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say
...it goes on but you get the picture. I have no idea what my future or next year holds. I only know what He has asked me to give up. I feel more secure right now though then maybe I have in my whole life. I am so sure of His grip on my life. So sure of what He has promised me. So sure of His call and plan. So sure that He will carry it out and He will do great things. So sure of all that I am and all that I'm not. So sure of His love. So sure of His grasp. My hope rests in His promises alone today. What a wonderful place to be. I am content in Him and back to that spot I was at this summer where my contentment has nothing to do with relationships, friendships, doing well in school or sports, security, job,...etc the list goes on. It has everything to do with the fact I am His and He is mine.
Miss you both like crazy. Praying for you both. Praise the Lord for friends like you.
It is going to be such a beautiful day. What a beautiful God.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hannah, I'm really excited to hear that you're feeling things - I know what you mean, and I feel like God has restored that to me too. It's such a beautiful break through and I'm so glad that you are seeing God's love, that has been my prayer for you :) Don't ever stop being you
ReplyDeleteMy best friend,
ReplyDeleteMy heart has been breaking for people too...
Amazing that we can be thousands of miles away and going through the same things...
I cried all tuesday morning as I prayed for IHS and the Immanuel family...
I choked up hearing about the people once lost and now being saved as a result of MBMSI and their work in global missions...
I feel safe and secure... while the most precious relationship to me seems to be falling away from me more and more each day...
Praise the Lord.
He is so good....
So worthy, so faithful, so beautiful.
And He is beautifully the Life-giving source in you.
Peace be with you!
-T
Don't ever stop praying for it for me! I feel it. The prayers I mean. Sometimes I can feel being carried on prayer. And Tay...that is how I feel too when I read your blogs! You are such a blessing. Both of you.
ReplyDelete