"Come to Me all who are weary and burdened and I will give You rest..."
That was the verse of my summer and what sent me in the direction I am headed this year. So many things happened as a result of that verse. And it is back, silently drawing me back to His rest.
Residency, youth group, commuting to long work days, house cleaning, a full school scheduele, being intentional about relationships, becoming part of a new family, trying to fit in in a new community, observing classes, bible studies, life group, leading life groups, pouring into younger girls at IHS and in Fresno, and working out. I am back to having no time and trying to find a balance with this new normal.
These are my blessings, not my burdens. I need the Lord and His rest so much. I need to dwell in the shadow of His wing and let Him brood over me. I want to be a woman of prayer. I want to know the Lord's word, soak up the knowledge being poured out on me daily, and I don't want to forget about just enjoying it. In all these things I am involved with, I want to be intentional and not just give it a halfway go. If that is the case, I need to cut some things and pray the Lord would direct my heart in each of them.
I need His strength, I need His rest. Mostly I just need Him.
I miss my roof. And right now, I need to steal away and soak in His presence.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment