Residency starts tomorrow. I feel a little bit like I used to the night before school starts again. Excited. A little nervous. Curious. A little unsure. Haven't felt like that for a while. Good thing I love mornings...
I have probably gotten two or more voicemails every day this past week from friends at VU not to mention the numerous comments, messages, or actual conversations. I'm so glad they love me as much as I love them. It feels good to be truly missed and appreciated.
I am loving my new family. I like just being a part of it all. The Lord truly does all things well.
Spoke at the senior/freshmen girls retreat from my old high school. What a blessing and priveledge to get to share the Lord's heart with those girls. I also am now going to be helping with the Jr. High at the well and leading a lifegroup for 7th grade girls. It's sort of like a little bible study, more like good fellowship at that age. I don't even know them but I already love them. Sleepovers, painting nails, sillyness, and good talks here we come!
I love having an hour break in between classes. One to do homework and one to spend time with Jesus at the bucks around the corner. I was considering today how much I just want to sink deeply in the fact He nourishes and cherishes us as His bride. Read that in an epistle recently. Right now I am listening to Kari Jobe's song Beloved on repeat. I want to more fully understand the Lord's precious love for me. I want to soak my little heart in it. So good. So precious. So needed.
Our pastor is about to lead us through Nehemiah....what a story, I can't wait. He did the overview on Sunday and it was talking about what was going on and who Nehemiah was and he pinpointed on do we ask God to mess with our lives? And a verse talking about the Lord looking to and fro about the earth, not for someone perfect with a lot of ability, but the humble whose heart is His. He does incredible things with those whose heart is His.
I want my heart to be His, but for that to happen I need to more fully understand His heart. I feel like I want to give him my heart, but I can't. Like I have given it away to to many things I don't even possess all of it. So I offered it and He will have to take it. I know He fights for His people, gathers them back, redeems them, and restores them. We see that cycle on repeat with Israel in the old testement. I want Him to do that with my heart. I want the holy discontent with something my heart is on FIRE for, what He has purposed me to do and called me to do. Brad says that is the story of Nehemiah and if we don't want that to happen in our lives we better not read it and go through it these nxt few months. I can't wait.
I started P90X today. So far it is a love/hate relationship.
Those are a few little snippets of my life the past weeks.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment