Woke up today to a rainy day...my absolute favorite! The Lord used rain two summers ago in a pretty significant way to tell me something. So on days like today... it's almost like I can feel His love for me more tangibly. I drive with the windows down and purposely don't carry an umbrella.
Delighting in the Lord's love all day long is a really safe place to be. I'm learning to rest.
Aside from that, yesterday was a very good day. I love getting to know/ understanding / seeing people's hearts. It is what drives me and fascinates me. My taste and love for music, art, and some contemporary or hip hip choreographed dances reflect that. I am the person that is okay/good at enough things to make me well rounded but I am not exceedingly good at anything. I am not complaining, it is just the way I am and I'm totally okay with that. But it does stop me from doing things I really wan to do because I won't be good at them. I would love to write songs, paint pictures, do photography....the list goes on. So yesterday I decided to get over myself, my pride, and my fear of failure and just go for it. I don't think you have to do things because you are good at them. I think you can do things regardless and just because you enjoy them. So I took Grace to JoAnn's fabric bought some canvas', picked up Juliann Downs, and we hung out in my room and listened to good music, talked, and painted.
I am already on my third painting. I LOVE it. Whether or not they look realistic (they don't intend too) doesn't matter. The correct blending of color, tones, shading, and whatever else is not "right" from a professional standpoint, doesn't really matter. All of them mean something to me and represent something significant, and I love them. And I am having a blast breaking down these unrealistic standards I put up and you know what I discovered this last week?
Once again, I am totally okay just being me. I am enough because He was enough for me. Praise the Lord.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment