The night before I moved to Fresno I sat on my roof and handed it all over. I'm so excited for whatever adventure is ahead. No idea what it will be, no idea when. But there is peace knowing He has a plan and He has confirmed He will carry it out in you and has accepted your offering.
"I besought Him to give me some work for him as an outlet for love and gratitude. Some self denying service no matter what it might be. However trying or however trivial. Something with which He would be pleased and that I might do for Him who had done so much for me. Well do I remember as in unreserved consecration I put myself, my life, my friends, my all upon the altar. The deep soleminty that came over my soul with the assurance that my offering was accepted the presence of God became unuderably real and blessed. And I well remember…stretching myself on the ground and lying there before Him with unspeakable awe and unspeakable joy. For what service I was accepted I knew not. But a deep conciousness that I was not my own took posession of me. Which has never since been efaced. "
- Hudson Taylor (age 17)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment