Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So I keep trying and failing at this whole going to bed at a decent hour and getting back on a normal schedule. Tonight I was disciplined enough to actually follow through. Then as I was about to shut off the light one of my roommates came into my room crying and crawled in bed with me. Soon followed was my other one. Answer to prayer. I love those girls. And I am so thankful for them. No, they aren't the Christian community I expected to live in. But God has a plan for this little house and I feel like tonight was a giant step in that direction.

Our long conversation/snuggle session ended 3 hours later with eating cookie batter in the kitchen and signing up for an out of town dance class together. I'd say tonight was a success all around. G

And tomorrow I get to go to school, use a beautiful rec center, have Jesus time, study with Jill, go to breakaway, and then run with Jill. I feel like I've posted the same thing a million times. But seriously? I am just so thankful. I think I probably thank Him for this life, Texas, school, and my job at least 10 times a day. I don't want that to go away. I don't want to stop appreciating it. It's a gift. I want to make the most of it. I've been placed in these environments. I need to be who He made me to be where I am. I need to love Him first and best and be salt and light as a byproduct of that. He'll do the rest. And He's doing it. And I love it.

And just....thanks Jesus.

And thanks to all my friends supporting me. And family. I feel those prayers and love. It carries me often.

Shout Outs:

33....still doesn't come close to beating coming home to you every day. Still wish we coulda lived together til marriage.

Char Char....Can't wait for you to move here. I miss you and am calling tomorrow.

1 comment: