Old things I've written in the past months when I've been MIA that I never posted. But I realized I want to remember them later. Soooo here they are. Ready for spam blogs?
I looked through his pictures on facebook tonight. Not something I do very often, or any more often than anybody else I know that well. Nothing to raise suspicion.
But MAN. Hit me tonight. I had no idea. I didn't even know I liked him. Honestly.
But while I looked through his pictures my eyes got watery. Never spilled over, but I blinked a few back.
The finality of it all brought clarity. I moved. End of story. No more doing life together. No more watching him grow into the beautiful man God created him to be up close. And it hit me differently and I started to tear up. I didn't even know I cared that much. And no chance of something more. I left that chance in my review mirror 1800 miles back. Maybe 250 before that. But the last 1800 sealed the deal. Seriously, I didn't know I cared that much.
But he's beautiful ya know? And he's not perfect and he has some chapters in his life he probably wishes weren't there. But I don't mind them, I like them, they've shaped him into who he is. And he's just...beautiful. I appreciate him a lot. And I'm thankful for him. And I guess that will have to be enough.
I don't really like goodbyes. I'm bad at them and even worse at letting go. Even if it's been a long time. I wish it didn't have to be like that. One more person placed on the shelf of "those I've loved along the way," that I never wanted to be defined as "along the way."
He'll be beautiful for someone else.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment