Wrapping up my first year at A&M this week. Wow, that went by fast. So as usual, I'm being super over analyzy and processy. Here is what I've come up with:
Yesterday was the last Breakaway of the year. It was mostly worship and I couldn't think of a better way to end the year than praising Jesus with 5000+ of my fellow Ags. You know how sometimes God speaks to you during worship or a message and says something that was not even close to what the speaker was talking about? Ya. I spend so much of my time fighting myself to be close to Him. I am always disappointed with myself, always feeling guilty for not doing more or being more, it's exhausting. And it's striving. And even though it's shame, it's pride. Ultimately, I'm disappointed that I can't be close to Him because of MY ability. And that's just it. HE saved me, not me. So why if I go to Him for salvation, would I all of the sudden depend on myself to produce life and fruit and a heart after His? So lesson of the week is that when I look at who He is, what He has done, and His character, rather than my own lack and unfaithfulness and shortcomings, everything changes. It does not hinge on my ability. My ability is what earned Him the cross. HE loves me. HE saved me. HE provides for me. He is good. He is Life. All of it. Everything and more than enough.
Go podcast Matt Chandler if you haven't already. And go follow mikedonehey on twitter if you don't.
In other news, Von Miller went number 2 first round draft to the BRONCOS! Gig 'em! And now I have TWO reasons to love the Broncos. Maybe Von and Tim will be besties.
And congratulations to my VU boys on finishing your last week of college classes!! Miss you.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment