Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Random Update.

This week I have discovered:

I am really out of shape. Working on it.

I miss fruit. And even...bleh...the shipping office. I now get excited every time I see a big rig on the freeway and try to guess if it's a full load or empty trailer, overweight, etc.

I'm really bad at opening new wine bottles at tables with any sort of look of competence or professionalism.

I have renewed love for Friday Night Lights.

Santa Baby, which has been stuck in my head for literally 3.5 years has been replaced. By the Doug theme song. And I have not seen that show since seventh grade. Dooo do doo do do do do doo do dooo do dooo chicabadabadabachikababaaaa. And every so often "I was made for loving you babyyy you were made for loving me....." Moulin Rogue version. Why? Never even watched the full thing without getting bored or falling asleep. Neither were likely choices, yet both are now my constant companions. I am seriously the weirdest kid ever.

Nothing can beat a good cowboy movie. I heart 8 seconds.

And I literally start getting claustrophobic if I don't get out of the city once a week. Summer WILL be full of trips just outside of town to Lake Bryan.



Other than that I decided tonight at work I am done having the mindset of "Oh If I could" I'm just gonna go for it.

I was talking to a lady eating alone at one of my tables and she asked why I was here, what I wanted to do, etc. And as she signed her bill she said told me to hang in there and keep it up. She said I'm gonna make it and she knows it because I have that spark. I could have hugged her.

What I really WANT to do is get my degree in English so I can teach high school and get to know students as best I can and choose lit and writing that helps us talk about real things and really know them. I also would like to help coach. I love what lessons are taught on a sports team. I want to counsel as well. And if you have the heart for it half of teaching/coaching is being an undercover counselor. But I want to learn about it too. That is what I really want to study. So for now, here is the game plan. Work my butt off to get good grades, and pay for school and graduate without debt. Stay on the Lit track that allows for me to get my Master's with only one more semester of summer school after I finish my regular BA and student teaching/credentialing. Then I want to go to Dallas Theological Seminary and get a second Master's in counseling. Which would take two more years. And a lot more money. SOOOO I will be the awkward kid who goes to school for 8 years and is not a doctor or even close too it. And I'll work two jobs until I graduate A&M and then either find a magic scholarship, find a non-existent part time teaching job in a yea-right economy miraculously in close proximity to DTS and my perfectly safe and affordable apartment with the Hatteberg sisters and work a grown up job while getting my second Masters to afford it. ORRRRR I could marry Tim Tebow and he can be traded/sold/or a lot of other terms I don't understand fully to the Cowboys and he can pay for it. Or I can find a Jesus loving, country boy engineer, at A&M who loves country dancing and will absolutely be able to afford my schooling.

Or, most likely, God will throw a really unexpected curveball and everything will shift. Which is great. I hold it all with an open hand. And I fully expect it. But for this point of my life, as I wait for said curveball, this is the direction I am shooting for. Until other unpredictable things are added to the equation this is my game plan. And personally, I really hope that the second option of paying for DTS is the one that actually happens. I could definitely rock some navy blue, lonestar jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment