So 6th grade was about as awkward as a year could be. And there was this super cute asian girl who wore light blue and was trying really hard to get straight A's so she could get a computer in her room. She would do this weird hand dancing ballerina thing with me across the classroom when we'd catch each other's eye.
Fast forward to freshmen year of high school at a home football game when I was walking behind the bleachers and heard a girl trying to talk bad about me behind my back. She was not having it. Never heard anyone shut Kim down so fast, so effectively, and with such sass. I smiled and knew that she would have literally fought for me if it ever came to that. Everyone needs a friend like that. She would stand up for me no matter what, even if I was wrong and we both knew it. It was that day I knew she wasn't going anywhere.
Seven years later she is still around. And seven years from now she will be as well. We'll be seventy seven and sassing our grandbabies from our rocking chairs, still laughing at dumb things and loving Jesus together and finding the magic in every day things like city lights and stars and music. There are friends, close friends, best friends, and then there is Amie. She is loyal to the death. We get each other. Oddly. She takes the bad with the good and loves me anyways. She loves Jesus and takes His way no matter what it costs. She is a fighter. She is artsy. She is sassy. She is beautiful. She is my right hand and a future maid of honor without question. I hate being so far away from her but know it doesn't change a single thing. Her love and support get me through a lot of days. At the best times and the worst times, it's her I want by my side. I am blessed beyond measure that I get to do life alongside this girl. Friend doesn't even cover it because it goes way deeper than that. And I am just so happy she is in my life.
Thanking Jesus for Amie Kee Soares today. More than usual. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment