Monday, August 3, 2009

August is here. Summer is almost over and for once I am not counting down the days. As long as it is still summer I can just accept the changes that are coming instead of having to face them. At work I write the date about 80 million times....or close and every time I write it a list starts rolling in my head of all the things at VU I won't get to do, won't get to be a part of or help with, and people I won't get to walk through the year with or get to know better. But God never asks us to give up something He doesn't plan to fill that spot with better. Mostly more of Himself. August is here bringing reality with it. Praise the Lord. What a powerful phrase. I feel like every time I say it I can just let go and rest in knowing God is in control.

I have decided everything is actually black and white. It is me that makes it all confusing. If I go back to the simple, basic truths, and soak 'em in, it is like the dust starts settling.

I'm also realizing every fear, worry, insecurity, or stress is the direct result of a lie I've bought into. We live out what we truly believe. Our actions and deeds are a direct result of our belief system, the truths we believe or the lies we have let decieve us.

He jealously loves me. He died to set me free. He is everything and more than enough. He is sovereign. He is good and best. Always.

I didn't earn it. I never can. I can't pay it back. I can't earn more of it.

those are the things it really all comes down to. So every time I worry, every time I let something stress me out or make me insecure, every time I am fearful of something, it is because I am being decieved.

Money, relationships, friendships, school, situations, clothes, time....the list goes on. I believe far to often that if I don't have my hands all over something it will fall apart. That things apart from God will fulfill me. That things are more important than God. That He is not enough for me. That what the world offers is truly more pleasurable than what He has. That others standards, including my own, are more important than the Lord's. That my way is best.

When put like that I just shake my head no while so many messages or Sunday school stories come to mind refuting those. But knowing and believing are two different things and miss that a lot. Just because I know something to be true doesn't mean I believe it. I live what I believe. So stressing shows me I don't trust God that His way is best and He is in control. Worrying shows I don't trust His provision or care. Striving shows I think I can earn His love, or somehow pay it back. Looking to music, movies, magazines, books, or so much other crap for comfort or whatever shows that I believe He is not everything I need and more than enough.

He jealously loves me. He died to set me free. He is everything and more than enough. He is sovereign. He is good and best. Always. I didn't earn it. I never can. I can't pay it back. I can't earn more of it.

Everything really is black and white.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah don't forget the beautiful fact that since you CAN NEVER be good enough for God, He loves you all the more because of that, and His love is enough to cover everything that's wrong with you <3

    ReplyDelete