To sum up how my past weeks have been since Spring break....I just love Jesus pretty much covers it.
He is just so stinking good! He has been so faithful to show me where I took my eyes off Him and what competes with Him and I am just learning what it actually means to lean on Him. I am learning to take every concern and "weight which so easily entangles us" to Him and ask Him to intercede. And He does. And He speaks Truth above all the lies. He breathes life into my heart. And His rest is the best thing that has happened to me all year. And life is different and I love it and I love Him. It makes my job different. it makes my relationships different. it makes my rooming attitude different. It makes my grasp on things different. It makes my serving at Impact different. It makes my quiet times different. Stack everything up on one side and Him on the other and Jesus is just better. So much better.
I love Him y'all. He is everything and more than enough and good and jealously loves me.
Seeing a lot of things in my life with this fresh set of eyes that show me how much I make this life and everything I touch about me. Selfish mindset. Even if it's being hyper sensitive to how you are being received or how others feel and taking personal responsibility because that still makes all your attention and thoughts centered on you. Thinking less of yourself is still pride. Thinking of yourself less is humility. I'm learning. And He has proved faithful every time.
Something happened today that is just too good to be true. Yet it didn't change my heart toward the Lord in making me more fond of Him. I was thankful, sure. But my affections for Him were not rooted on this gift. My friends pooled and got me a flight home this weekend. Meaning I get to be home when my brother is on leave and the other one is home working for my parents for a month meaning for the first time in over a year we get to be all together! It means my best friend from high school's wedding that is Saturday I can now go to and be a part of. It means my closest friends from last year who got their little hearts obliterated with sucky break ups this last week I get to go be with and have an epic pity party of togetherness. It means time with my parents. It means I get to see my pooch which reminds me exactly of Maximus from Tangled. It means in-N-Out and fruit trees and my family and best friends and mom's cookies and the most epic win of a weekend ever.
He didn't have too. It wouldn't have changed anything. But He did anyway. Isn't He sweet? Not just for the gift of this weekend, but for the priceless gift of His love, tender care, personal involvement, and blessing with the BEST friends anyone has ever had?
Thanks and gig 'em. This heart is overflowing.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment