Seems I forgot that when you are plugged in to ministry and community that it messes you up. It deals with you. It exposes junk in your life. And because we were made to function as a body, it affects more than just us. So if we don't deal with it, everybody suffers, including those we are trying to serve. Blimey. And community and being a part of a body....yeah it requires vulnerability and being exposed to them. Que the Tenth Ave song, "This is Where the Healing Begins."
But seriously....dang it. Today I get to have a conversation about my issues with the last person I want too. And I have zero idea of how he is gonna react. But it affects him. And it affects my team I serve with. And it affects my freshmen I lead, unless I deal with it. And this partnership? Yeah...totally God's hand. So if the good land means fighting giants, then game on. This guy is going down. And I don't want fear, insecurity, self preservation, or pride to have any hold or restraint on me and the work my Father is trying to do.
No idea how to go about this. No idea what the outcome will be. But I do know faithfulness is the only choice that is worth it.
Dang it. It's good, I know that. But seriously...shoot.
But on the plus side I dreamed I was hanging out with Tim Tebow last night. And a person I was waiting on hit my backbone when he whistled at our hard working, spanish speaking, server assistant's to go bring him chips. My job. And dang disrespecful to Roni. Thought he would complain to my manager after I talked to him. Definitely didn't suspect a 16 dollar tip. Guess he felt guilty? I dominated in our walleyball tournament. And my research paper on how adolescents fill the void of absentee parents. Talked to my dad today. And Friday Night Lights is finally airing this season. So this week is not a complete loss.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment