In less than forty eight hours I will be done living with my siblings for, most likely, the rest of my life. Yeah, I probably could have worded that last sentence a little less dramatic, but oh well. On Monday, Steve heads to San Antonio for boot camp. Jon has been moved out for a while. Sentimental much? Absolutely, and it is hitting me right about now.
We had Stephens going away party today. It was supposed to end at five, and now at almost ten at night there are still roughly 20 of his friends here. So many people came, upwards of 100 I'd say. There was a really sweet time of prayer that melted my little heart and brought on the first flow of my tears (more to come on Monday I'm sure). There was such a range of his friends and so many traveled hours and hours to be here ( One left at seven this morning just to get here on time and surprise him!). Oh and to hear them pray for him! Countless talked about how they are better people and closer to God because of knowing him. He is just so real with people. Personal too, none of this surface level friendship business. The thing I appreciate about him most is his heart for the underdog. He is forever caring for the outcast or one nobody else does. He has been this way since he was just a little elementary school kid at a VBS being buddy buddy with a special needs boy that was always trailing behind everyone else. Never because he feels sorry for them, just because he loves everyone he comes in contact with. He is a passionate person that cares for people more than pretty much anyone I know. That man sure knows how to love. I want to be more like that.
Sigh. I hate goodbyes and endings of chapters.
Other than that, I feel like my life is shifting gears. I definitely was brought to a fork in the road. A subtle one, but a choice has to be made none the less. Instead of making one, I have just been standing still, not moving, and staring at the road I know I should take. Tonight, I am taking my first step.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take these first steps in confidence and let God take control. He knows what you are thinking every minute and He wants to be there to guide you, let Him guide you. Let Him lead you in peace in comfort. I know that this is a really hard time for you but God has this under control and this temporary goodbye will prepare you for bigger ones much later in life. God has your back. Never doubt that He will not take care of you or comfort you because in one way or another he will. He is yours.
ReplyDeleteI dont know if that made sense, but just know that He is right with you always.