Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coworkers Coming to Church

My heart breaks for my coworkers. They are my mission field. They are my community. And they are trying to find, or lose, themselves in drinking, sex, codependent and unhealthy relationships, music, and drugs. And lot's of other things. And I do that too. Maybe not with the same list, but I constantly run to the world to fill me need that only He can. But the difference is I have Him. And I know Hope. And Love. And Truth. And they don't. And it's all that matters.

And I really love them. And I came back from break really motivated with my fight back and eyes open to where He has placed me. But I've been lazy and far from sought Him with my whole heart. But I love them. And He put that in me. And I just want to take care of them and for them to know Him. And He put that in me too. So I feel like I'm helping fight for them. Whether it is through prayer, or being a real friend or whatever.

Know something crazy? Three coworkers that don't know Him are coming to church with me tomorrow. They didn't plan it. They didn't talk about it. Each approached me separately and asked if they could go with me to church. We are all going out to lunch afterwards too. Crazy. CRAZY. I know it's not a fix all and doesn't really mean anything for sure. But it is a step. And it means they are open. It means they want something. Whether that's to feel momentarily good that they followed a rule. Or just because something in them knows there is something in there that matters. I don't know. But it's a step. And tomorrow my coworker that says on a regular basis while clocking out, "Let's get so drunk we can't walk!", and my other coworker that's bf of 4 years dumped her to go be a man hoe his senior year and has left her to be his friend with benefits and now she finds her self worth in guy after guy, and my coworker who has raised himself since he was eleven and been on his own since he was fourteen, and has no real family at all that wants him or cares, and who his whole life has learned to just run, all of them want to go to church with me. All of them, at least for this Sunday, will hear the bible taught. They will hear worship music with words of truth. Maybe they won't really be listening, but I hope they hear Him anyway. Maybe they might not choose Him even if they do. But Lord, please let them hear You in an undeniable way.

Beth, Kyle, and Heather. Possibly Katie too. Pray with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment