Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snippets

Spent Christmas Eve Goetz style....my brother playing country songs on the guitar while our cousins from Texas and I sang along....off key, off tune, and at the top of our lungs. So fun. We are so not a musically inclined family (putting it mildly) aside from Jon's sweet guitar skills. Then we learned a line dance and a two step the girls learned in fish camp (orientation) for Texas A&M.

Confession: Although I don't normaly fit into many "girl" stereotypes there are two that I define. My driving skills and ability to have to go to the bathroom all the time. Don't judge me, I drink a lot. Lord help me when I'm pregnant.

Home church today with my family. It was...heavy to say the least. But good. We mainly went over the call of the Lord and the history of that in our family and how intentional God has clearly been at sparing us time and time again and consistently drawing our hearts to the Lord. We also talked about awful, gut wrenchin, and painful trials that happens that the Lord looks at and says, "There is my ugly tool," how He uses those things to shape, grow, and develop us.

Another Dad talk last night. I love my parents. I wish I would have been as willing to just stop, drop everything, and listen when they speak their mind and heart when I lived here. So much wisdom. I heard that Martin Luther's children would take notes at the dinner table. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I should do the same. Growing up whenever dad would walk in a room and shut the door and sit down on the ground you knew a dad talk was coming. One of those talks where he, being the perceptive man he is, talks about something he sees going on in your life that either the Lord is dealing with, a weak area, or a mixture of both. But they are so much more than that. I had a two hour one last night. It was so good but a kick in the gut still. He is the one person that knows me better than I do. He said some incredible things to me. Precious. The kind I want to write down and cling too.

As the end of the year is fast approaching, I get more and more reflective. I know I keep saying this, but God is doing so much work in my life. Deep down stuff. The kind of stuff that causes you to walk away a different person.

1 comment:

  1. Don't judge me, I drink a lot. Lord help me when I'm pregnant.

    Hannah, that sentence alone makes me miss you lots.

    Call me :)

    love,
    -josh

    ReplyDelete