Oh how I love life. Que "It's A Beautiful World," by Dierks Bentley and Dolly Parton.
I wrote a hard post yesterday but never ended up posting it. I went to an engagement party for a good friend. Don't you just love it when you couldn't be happier for them because it is just so right and they are so deserving? Mmmm mmm! Love it.
This stage of life is so weird sometimes. It's constantly in transition and everything is changing all the time. It's almost all you can count on.
2010....what a year it will be.
In 12 days and counting one of my best friends in the whole world...like if I got married tomorrow she would be a co-made of honor status (but trust me that is all I have planned)...is leaving for trek. Trek is a six month missions trip program. I'm talking countless nights staying up late talking, crying, hugging, laughing, knows me better than 99% of everyone I'm close too, and so much more. We car pooled to the party to meet up with the rest of the group of girls to celebrate. We drove home mostly in silence. It was then we finally realized that if I end up moving to Texas for summer (which is a possibility) I'll leave before she gets back. And not to be dramatic, but there is a chance that isn't incredibly slim that I won't move back to California. That leaves us with 12 days left before who knows what. So we sat in silence, not even attempting THAT conversation.
It was when we finally got to my street that I started talking. You know those times where you're doing the dance in your thoughts of "should I or shouldn't I...do I really want to talk?..." etc. So I started in, thankfully, and probably talked for a good twenty minutes about where I've been at for the last, roughly, three months. I know, I know, three months is a ridiculous amount of time to not talk about stuff with your best friends...but hey, I'm growing at least it's not after I'm already done going through whatever. Anyway I talked, and cried, and we sat on her tailgate out in the country for a long time.
It was good. Like really good.
She talked. We cried. We prayed. It started raining. And there we sat, wrapped up in coats and blankets over that, letting go, making decisions....Man, it was just so good. And as if we weren't already aware that "where two or more are gathered, I am there," He decided to make it tangible with rain. Which is very, very significant to me. And it was last night. And He revealed Himself. And I almost felt like taking off my shoes. It was definitely holy ground.
I'd been saving a bottle of sparkling cider in my car for some time. I just knew sometime soon I'd need to use it for something special. So I ran inside and got two nice glasses. We prayed and then popped open that bottle and toasted. Let go. Owning things. Embracing things. Decisions made. Lines Drawn. It was good. Really good.
Free. And it feels good.
And everything is different. And it's just all okay.
That one will go down in the books as one of the most significant nights of my life I am sure.
Gotta love best friends.
Praise the Lord.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment