Monday, December 14, 2009

Forget Obsession...There's more to it than that.

Forget calling me obsessed. My personality test for The Well made it overwhelmingly clear I am driven by people. As if I really needed a three hour and thirty dollar test to tell me that. I LOVE people. And their hearts. I'm realizing more and more all the things I'm interested are driven by my love for people as well. So it is no suprise that this even trickles it's way into college football. I am loyal to very few teams. It is more my love and respect for a player and coaches that drive me to root for teams.

My first football game I actually watched and went, "Hm, I actually really liked this," was a Colts game when I was in seventh or eighth grade. I'll bet even that game was because I probably heard on t.v. or from some guy in my family good stories about Peyton Manning when I was watching it. None the less....this football season was different than most. I LOVED it. I'm really not being dramatic when I say it, but who knew college football could have such an impact on me? I am challenged. I've read or watched a lot of things on teams, players, coaches of the games I was currently watching. I love what sports do. It pushes people. At that level to be great it requires so much time, dedication, committment, heart, drive, and passion. It is still somewhat untainted by the profession of the sport. It still feels like there is something left of the purity of the sport, still untouched, because it is still a game, not a job. Yes, there are exceptions but it feels different.

A lot of it happened to be things God has been doing and working in my life already I saw emulated in these stories and players. I love it. I love being challenged. I love being called to a higher standard. Mmm yes! That's what it is. Anyway, I've been processing a lot of things this season. Ha ha, there is my "Harmonizer/Persister" not letting me take anything lightly ever. But I am what I am. Here are two of the most recent videos I watched this week and have enjoyed.

Someone please teach me how to to post videos. Until then here are the links...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qygFhxCkFkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vVSU9CXGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment