Cars whizzing by me as I drove home from work on my break. Big, expensive shiny ones. Glanced at the new music available on itunes. John Mayer, Justin Beiber, Nicki Minaj...glorifying money and relationships and self and pleasure. Sped read through some of today's top stories in the news. Wars and adoption crisis, soaring unemployment and Obama for GLBT. Listened to coworkers talk about their weekend plans of hooking up with as many people as they can and getting high and wasted until they come back Monday night while complaining about customers and lack of money.
As I sit here, on my break after just finishing my lunch, something in me pauses. It's just a sham. All of it. And everybody is fooled. And everybody is missing it. And I look a whole lot more like all of the above than I do the One who's words are written in red. But I'm His kid.
I don't want to miss it too. I don't want to believe in God and not follow Him.
Today, today I will love Him. And hopefully, bless His name back.
He is so disregarded. Where I work He is almost completely disregarded. Or mocked. Or dismissed. Or spit on. A curse in most cases and an eye roll in the rest.
I'm just a little girl. And I miss it too. " I hear my mocking voice call out among the scofferes." But I don't want too. And I hope that in the midst of the spit and mock and cursing and disregard, that today I will love Him and give what little I have, two mites or washing his feet or perfume...whatever reference fits, just something that will bless Him and appreciate Him and be a sweet offering to Him in the midst of it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment