Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In the past week I have....

1. Gone to a Texas Country concert and gone dancing.
2. Learned to make home-made fried chicken from scratch.
3. Had sweet tea.
4. Gone to a wedding where the "I Do's" were drowned out by cicadas, the bride and groom wore boots, and Copper Head Road was the most popular dance floor jam.
5. Said "right-quick."
6. Had a drink at The Chicken.
7. Greeted a table with "Howdy."
8. Learned to throw a football.
9. Listened to enough conversations and opinions about the Spurs to make up for the last 20 years of my life.
10. Been formally invited to a crawfish broil.
11. Handed out my number to a new incoming student in case they needed anything when they moved here. (86 stranger danger in this town sub southern hospitality).
12. Used the phrase "whichadidja" accurately.
13. And found myself subconsciously drumming or tapping hullabaloo four times.

Basically, I'm officially Texan.

No comments:

Post a Comment