Friday, April 6, 2012

Week in a Nutshell/AKA Procrastinating Research Papers

Nutshell version of this week:

Brother's in love. Hannah's protective. What else is new? (Yet secretly excited about FINALLY having a sister. Potentially. If she gets past me.)

Brothers are my favorite. Adopted ones too. Even if they call to leave me voicemails based around their farts that smell like bacon. Nice. Gross. At least it wasn't in my face like it would have been 7 years ago.

Might have to move back to CA for the summer for work. Thrilled for lots of reasons, yet the possibility of being away from home for three months makes me realize all over again what I learned in January when I stepped off the plane after Christmas break. THIS is home. Texas is home.

I LOVE my church family. And my lifegroup. And my mentor. And my accountability partners. Pretty much community and the body of Christ are awesome.

Trust. On every level, in every area, learning trust. Trusting God who holds it all when I hold none of it. Trusting who He is and who He has been for what He will be and do.

Tanning with a wine glass on the back porch all day is the best way to study. Hands. Down. Weddings this summer, all million of you, I will be ready. Brandy, Taylor, and Laura's promise tears too. If I'm going to be documented on film crying, I may as well be tan doing it.

Realized it's time to let some people go. We grew up. We grew differently. Time to move on and it should have happened a while back. I'm bad at that. Loyal to a fault.

On the flip side, I am reminded of what real friends look like. They look like my best friend. Who found out her mom has cancer yesterday. I text her how today is and she responds, "Today is the day He has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Yup. Keeping her for life.

Procrastination to a whole new level. Oh hey senioritis. Wish you weren't kicking in when I had 26 pages to write in one week.

Not many things are better than good music and an open road.

Met a boy that is actually worth the risk of figuring out if it can work. Who is much less like a boy who is safe and poses no real threat and much more like a man who can actually keep up. Yeah that came straight out of left field. (on a side note: if you're wondering what a classy girl looks like, it probably looks like pushing back her date by a half hour because she super glued her fingers together and to the super glue bottle or like having the coffee lid fall off her cup at work burning her face and drenching her shirt five minutes after the shift started) Also, I learned I'm really bad at being open to the possibility of it all. Don't really like not being in control. In fact, I'm really bad at not being in control.

Hence the probable reason I am in control of zero, count it, zero areas of my life currently. God is thorough.

No comments:

Post a Comment