What a week. Dear friends visiting from California, a spontaneous road trip across Texas, and a lot of unexpecteds. A lot of realizing how much I've grown since high school and where I stand. Also some remembering that I am in fact 21, not 30. In the craziness of moving out here and working as much as possible and OCD budgeting to just try and make it out here, I genuinely forgot that I think. I also forgot how to have fun and let loose. I don't just want to make it. I want to live and soak it up. Maybe a lot of things about this week were different than what I expected, but it was a good one. I stared a lot of old insecurities in the face, stood my ground, accepted and let go, and let loose for the first time in a long time. Ultimately, I was reminded of who I am. Both good and bad.
Tonight ended with me sitting at the water's edge of Lake Bryan. The stars were the brightest I've ever seen and looked like diamonds glittering in the still water. The Ice house had twinkle lights on and Eric Church playing loud across the lake. I sat there reflecting over the last week and the friends and where I am at now and it didn't take long for all those thoughts to fade out as I stared at the stars and remembered meteors from last summer and God's promise. I remembered. And I'm thankful. And as everything faded away what clearly remained is how good He is at taking care of me. How much He has given me. How trustworthy He is. I drove 750 miles across Texas in 2 days. And with every mile I was reminded of how much I love this land. After visiting other college towns and returning home I was reminded of how much I love my school. So many of these precious blessings He has given me I have treated like they are my burdens to bear and my responsibility to orchestrate instead of gifts He has bestowed graciously for me to steward and enjoy.As I sat there on the Lake's edge I was reminded of how intimately known I am by my Creator and how well He cares for me. How tender He is to me. He loves me. And He does it so well.
He leads me beside still waters and restores my soul.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment