Thursday, June 16, 2011

My parent's are driving across the country headed to me. That is the best news I've heard in a while.

21 is coming fast and I feel like pieces are starting to fall together. Like I am more at peace with myself and life. More sure of things that matter and who I am. Oh growing up. And I intend to do it gracefully and with all the fight, heart, and passion I got.

Today was a good one. Nothing particularly different or really good that happened. Just woke up and read my bible. Was reminded that I am not striving to be right with Christ, that right is unattainable by my strength and is my free gift purchased by Christ. Live from a place of acceptance and being loved, not trying to earn it. I worked a lot. What else is new? I spent a lot of time with my creepy humored, foul mouthed, coworkers who were full of complaining about customers and stories of recent north gate (local strip of bars) adventures and drunken hook ups. And I just really really love them. And I get along with them pretty well. And my heart breaks for them because I love them and they are missing it. Everything that matters they don't have. So I don't want to get so caught up in paying for school and making money and good grades that I don't see THAT fact and realize that is a way bigger deal than a diploma and low debt. Wonder what He has for them? And for me.

Life is good. And I am happy. And circumstances don't matter. And I'm at peace with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment