I missed you in the car today because it was a beautiful night with a good song playing.
Where I grew up and where I live are just houses. I don't say that in restlessness. I'm not wasting my days just floating through this life without roots or intentions.
I've stopped looking for you. My purpose in life is greater than us.
I've stopped waiting for you. I'm just being patient for you.
Focusing on other things, running hard after the One who matters most.
Becoming who He intended, one that will bless you.
But I have not forgotten. I pray for you often. And I miss you sometimes.
Proverbs 31:12 says "all the days" so I'm living in a way to bless you now.
Ephesians 5 says to be "filled with the Spirit" and that is more than enough for me.
And on a lonely night, it balms my heart.
But I haven't forgotten. And I miss you sometimes. I'm excited about you already. I know the kind of person you are. When He, who does all things well, makes it happen, know I'll follow you anywhere. You are already home to me.
And I want you to know, that you hold my heart already.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment