Today I am walking in grace. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it.
In the midst of failure. Right when I fall, I can go right back to the Lord...to His love...to His promises...to His grace. I have earned nothing but the need for grace.
I watched a video of Bethany Dillon talking about a song that she wrote after considering the passage about the crumbs for the little dogs, yet Jesus inviting to the table (bad description). I then heard Mike Donehey talk about his song, "By Your Side," and about God being there in the depths of our filth. I also read on John Piper's blog about Jesus washing Peter's feet. How much of an offensive, disgusting, and degrading task that was in their culture reserved for immediete family and servents, generally not of the same faith. Yet Jesus basically said if you do not let me bear your filth, you have no place with Me.
These past two weeks have been a lot of me....messing up and failing in a lot of ways. More filth I need Him to bear. I had grace extended to me this morning. And an incredible amount of love and afirmation. I don't even really know what to do with it. I am humbled and in awe.
The Lord is just so good. And so faithful. And I am so undeserving, but I don't want to waste it by selfishly thinking my failures are keeping me from Him when He already paid for it in full.
The common verse Romans 5:8 is causing me to marvel at His goodness today. "But God demonstrates His love for us in this, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." While we were yet sinners...
I can't even describe it, the fresh way it hit me today, what the Lord is showing me with it, and how it is affecting me.
But I'm clinging to it. And I love it. And once again, everything is different.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment