school. waitress. homework. class. training. work. tutoring. class. school. roommate. freshmen. lifegroup. class. work. school. study. read. printoffflyerseditpapersrewritedraftscriticallyanalyzeecolabssyntaxpresentationswaitressingmeetingsfreshmenbsmlunchbreakawayfootballboyfriendchurchlifegrouproommatecallhomehomeworkbillsruntrainingeditreadwritehomeworkwaitress....
Two weeks in and it's already all running together. All good things. All wanting to do them well and intentionally.
But you know what? In the race to keep up with my classes, do well, leave behind disciple making disciples, invest in my roommates, coworkers, underclassmen, church family, and friends, lead an organization well, and make ends meet....I realized that's what I'm doing. Trying to make it all happen and do it all well and do the right thing. The rush of it all makes for long days filled with good things.
But as I crawl into bed for what felt like the third Friday of the week already, I realized that my days are scheduled to capacity with good things I am trying to do well.
Bottom line? I miss Jesus.
I miss being with Him. Not while I'm rushing. Just being with Him. Not on a schedule or in between things. Not when I can fit or when I need a word. Not lots of things.
I want a dock and stars and a notebook and bible and cicadas and summer breezes and just me and Jesus with no rushing or scheduled end or need to do anything or be anywhere else except with Him for no other reason than to be with Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment