A quick update as I wait for my last trucker to finish getting loaded...thank goodness! It has been a loooong week. But I am most definitely not complaining. As of this week, the rest of my summer has been schedueled and consists of work and napping and Sundays off. It is an insane scheduele. So insane I'm not even listing the hours because I hate when all I hear is how tired and busy I am etc. It's like the definition of "word vomit" for me from Mean Girls. It is pretty much all my life will consist of for the next 7 weeks. One down, seven to go.
And I couldn't be more thankful. I have watched God provide for me week by week for the last semster in the most insane ways. And still I struggle with trusting. Now that He has provided in such an amazing way....I am almost afraid.
Afraid of going back to my old ways. It is so easy to not depend on God. To do it yourself. To strive. To control. To worry. I listened to a pretty awesome message by Josh Patterson on abiding. So good I repeated it twice while I cleaned my apartment.
"I am the vine, you are the branches. Apart from Me you can do nothing." I love John 15. It's one of my favortie passages. I think I don't really get that. Nothing. If you are not abiding, it means nothing. It counts for nothing. What percentage of the day am I really spending plugged into the Vine and abiding...sinking deeply...dwelling in the shadow of the Almighty. I am afraid to do these jobs and have them not count.
This is the Lord's way for me this summer. This is what He has given me and I accept it happily. I'm just thankful. And it doesn't hurt that I'm motivated by the fact it's paying for A&M in the fall :)
Praise the Lord. I am a happy girl.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am praising the Lord for that too <3 I wish for your heart to be full of His joy for the rest of your days, long or short, busy or relaxing, alone or overwhelmed. Love you girl - with all my heart.
ReplyDelete